Sunday, August 30, 2009

so's your face


i'm thrilled to have a major part of my home improvements finally completed, the kitchen & entry way flooring, but several things still remain... regardless, here is the photo essay.

the original plan was to just have my new laminate flooring put on top of the ugly existing floor (right) BUT when the installer arrived, he discovered that my front door wouldn't work if the floor got any higher (unbeknownst to me, there were already 4 layers of flooring down). so i had him install the flooring in the kitchen only. then i had to pay for the entry way to be abated because there was undoubtedly asbestos under there. above is a shot from the beginning of the abatement, below is the tent he put up to safely remove it all.
after the flooring was removed in the entry way, this is what i lived with for a month - the beautiful floorboards. i had to wait for different laminate to arrive and had my trip out west, so the final install was delayed.

the entry way install was finally done last monday. yay!

and yay for my 50th entry on this blog...


1 comment: